Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Night of Navy Bloom with Hope

I accidentally stamped on Very Vanilla and decided to discover if the Blendabilities would work on this color/weight paper too.  I was pleased that they did! I like the contrast between the blues and the vanilla.  Then I needed DSP that did not have WW.  Typeset was one of the few that used Very Vanilla so I gave it a try.  I did not want to use white Baker's Twine so I colored it Night of Navy using the darkest of the set.

Things I have learned about using Blendabilities.
1.  You must use the Tuxedo Black Ink by Memento.
2.  When using the darker colors such as Night of Navy, blending is a bit more challenging.  While at Convention I asked for any suggestions.  I was told that if you first saturate the area with the lightest color, blending is easier.
3.  Which size nib is up to the individual user.  I like using the smaller nib.
4.  Use just a little of the darkest color.  You can always add more color if you need it.  It is harder, if not impossible, to make something lighter.
5.  It is up to each individual as to which color to start with- the darkest or the lightest.  As a rule, I usually start with the darkest.
6.  Have fun!

Supplies:
Stamp Sets- Bloom with Hope, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink- Tuxedo Black Ink by Memento
Paper- Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Typeset DSP
Accessories- Night of Navy Blendabilities, Baker's Twine, Scallop Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment