Friday, November 29, 2013
When I saw the sketch I knew I did not want to use a traditional circular stamped image such as snowflakes or flowers. I also decided to use one of my favorite color combinations- Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake. With that, I found one of my all time favorite stamp sets, Snow Much Fun and got to work. I stamped the snowman on Very Vanilla using Black Stazon. I colored him in using reinkers and my beloved Watercolor Pencils that are retired. Next I cut him out (he was too big for a punch) and began making the different layers. I still had in my stash Not Quite Navy DSP and cut that out. Then it was just a matter of attaching everything. I also used the sentiment from this month's Paper Pumpkin.
My son is home for Thanksgiving and moseyed on down to my stamping room while I was making this card. He said he loved the color combination and the card! My day was made.
Stamp Sets- Snow Much Fun, November Paper Pumpkin
Paper- Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy (retired), Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Color Collection DSP Paper Stacks 2012- 2013 (retired)
Inks- Stazon Black, Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy reinkers
Accessories- Watercolor Pencils (retired) and Blender Pen
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
What is Paper Pumpkin you ask?
It's so easy to get started. Simply sign up for the program by visiting mypaperpumpkin.com and click Get it. Every month a new, surprise project kit arrives at your doorstep. Just think of the anticipation of creating a fun project to pin, showoff, and share with your friends and family#every month!
Of course, you'll want to know more. So here's the nitty gritty:
- Each month we send you a unique, surprise kit with a project-cards, journals, décor, and more! (We've even color-coordinated, measured, and cut everything for you!)
- Each kit includes stamps, ink, paper, and accessories-everything but adhesive.
- Each kit gives you and your customer a 30-minute creativity escape.
- We will ship your Paper Pumpkin on or around the 15th of the month.
- You need to sign up for a kit by the 10th of the month to get that month's kit. If you sign up on the 11th of the month, your first kit will come the next month. (Let's say you sign up on May 10, we'll send your kit around May 15. If you sign up on May 11, we'll send your first kit around the June 15.)
- A Paper Pumpkin membership is $19.95 per month (and shipping is included!) The commissionable amount is $14.95 for each Paper Pumpkin. There's no commitment, you can cancel your monthly Paper Pumpkin at anytime. You can also skip a month if you want.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Stamp Sets- Backyard Basics, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper- WW, Wisteria Wonder, Subtles Color Collections DSP Stacks
Ink-Stazon Black, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green
Accessories- Blender Pen, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons
Friday, November 22, 2013
Stamp Sets- Lovely As a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper- Whisper White, Old Olive, Brights Color Collection Series Paper Stacks
Ink- Old Olive
Accessories- Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
1. Stampin' Trimmer catalog price $29.95 is now $20.97- item# 126889.
2. Simply Scored Diagonal Plate catalog price $11.95 now $8.37.
3. Many Marvelous Markers catalog price $109.95 are now $76.97.
Click this link to see all of the of the Holiday Sale Specials.
This first card was made by Melissa Carver. I was intrigued by the busy background paper and the embossed image. I would never have made this combination myself but it works!
This next card was made Sherri Woolsey and her daughter. I love all of the layers and the use of the ruffled ribbon at the top. She left off the sentiment so we could add our own.
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Stamp Sets- Just Beachy (retired), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Papers- WW, Calypso Coral, In Color DSP Paper Stacks 2013- 2015
Accessories- Grosgrain Ribbon
Friday, November 15, 2013
Stamp Sets- Wonderful Wreath, More Merry Messages
Paper- WW, Real Red
Accessories- Rhinestones, Gold Embossing Powder,Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Stamp Sets- Ornament Keepsake, More merry Messages
Paper- Winter Frost Specialty Collection DSP, WW, Coastal Cabana
Accessories- Rhinestones, Holiday Ornaments Framelits
Friday, November 8, 2013
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The inspiration for this card was from one I saw on Shelli Gardner's blog (founder of Stampin' Up!) - So Shelli, back in August. Her card was more ornate. I simplified it to make it more my stamping style. I know she would approve of me CASEing her card!
Here is the outside:
Stamp Sets- Festive Flurry, Christmas Messages
Paper- Shimmery White, Smokey Slate
Ink- Silver Metallic Encore Pad
Accessories- Frosted Finishes Embellishments, Rhinestones, Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, Thinlits- Label Card, Framelits- Festive Flurry
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Stamps- Tag It
Paper- Real Red, WW, Brights Color Collection DSP
Ink- Real Red
Accessories- White Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), 3/16" Corner Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals