Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Swallowtail

I wanted to try a new technique for my Newport Ladies and decided to show them the Shaving Cream background technique.  I used a cheap can of white shaving cream and applied a 1" layer on a plastic coated paper plate.  I smoothed it out and added drops of Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry reinkers.  Next I took a knife and using the tip swirled the colors around until there was very little white peeking through.  Then I took WW cardstock and gently placed it on top of the shaving cream.  I lightly touched the paper making sure it was touching the shaving cream.  Next I removed the paper and wiped off the excess shaving cream with paper towels using a circular motion.  I found I did not have to remove all of the shaving cream because I used my heat tool and it seemed to melt the extra away.  The butterfly and greeting were stamped on a Window Sheet and applied to the shaving cream background with mini glue dots.  This card was a messy hit!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets- Swallowtail, Sincere Salutations (retired)
Paper- Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, WW
Ink- Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Black Stazon
Accessories- Window Sheet, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment