Friday, August 17, 2012

Ornament Keepsakes

This ornament is on the cover of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog.  The moment I saw it I had to make it!  When I first copy something, I make it as close as I can to the source.  After I have made one, I begin to experiment more and make it my own.  There are 3 layers.  The bottom and middle layers each consist of 20 stamped and cut out ornaments- thank goodness for the Framelit Ornament Dies.  They are glued together using a hot glue gun.  I did not use the new Silicone Craft Sheet (I did not have it yet), but wished I did.  I am sure my fingers would not have gotten toasty a couple of times!  Next time I make one, I will make the bottom layer first, add the linen thread loop, then add the Tulle Ribbon before placing layer two on top.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am very proud you took on this project! I've not even purchased this bundle it definitely is a stunning ornament! I've procrastinated, so many turns on the Big Shot!

    ReplyDelete