Friday, December 6, 2013

 This is one of the prettiest Christmas cards I have seen in a long time.  I cannot claim credit for it as I CASED it exactly.  I have been trying to find the source without much luck.  I know it was made by a fellow demonstrator who is in my up line.  I thought I saw it on the Stampers Xpress blog for demos only but when I went back, I could not find it.  I apology to the very creative and gifted stamper who designed this card.  She even supplied detailed instructions as it was part of a Stamp-A-Stack card event.

When I first made it I did not carefully line up the silver ribbon and it did not hang straight.  I went back and redid it and it was greatly improved.  I used three stamps from Festive Flurry but did not use the largest.  The smallest and largest of the three are stamped in Midnight Muse.  The middle stamp was stamped in silver.
After cutting them out with the Festive Flurry Framelits Dies, I used a Stampin' Dimensional in the middle of the middle snowflake.  Next I adhered the silver ribbon being careful to keep it at a 90 degree angle and added another Stampin' Dimensional on top.  Then I placed the smallest snowflake on top of the silver snowflake.  It is hard to tell but I also used Dazzling Diamonds in the center of the smallest snowflake.

The circle is 3" and the Circle Thinlits Die works well.  I attached the silver ribbon with hanging snowflakes at the top of the circle and added a bow to hide the ends.  Since I needed to line up carefully the largest snowflake on the inside of the card, I used 2-Way Glue so I could gently move it in place.  The sentiment is from More Merry Messages.

I hope my next stamping group enjoys making this card this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment