Friday, November 29, 2013

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 290- Snow Much Fun

With time off from school this week I was able to complete this challenge early! 

When I saw the sketch I knew I did not want to use a traditional circular stamped image such as snowflakes or flowers.  I also decided to use one of my favorite color combinations- Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake.  With that, I found one of my all time favorite stamp sets, Snow Much Fun and got to work.  I stamped the snowman on Very Vanilla using Black Stazon.  I colored him in using reinkers and my beloved Watercolor Pencils that are retired.  Next I cut him out (he was too big for a punch) and began making the different layers.  I still had in my stash  Not Quite Navy DSP and cut that out.  Then it was just a matter of attaching everything.  I also used the sentiment from this month's Paper Pumpkin.

My son is home for Thanksgiving and moseyed on down to my stamping room while I was making this card.  He said he loved the color combination and the card!  My day was made.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets- Snow Much Fun, November Paper Pumpkin
Paper- Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy (retired), Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Color Collection DSP Paper Stacks 2012- 2013 (retired)
Inks- Stazon Black, Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy reinkers
Accessories- Watercolor Pencils (retired) and Blender Pen

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your son! I too love the color combo and the card. Great job. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete