Saturday, September 15, 2012

Autumn Accents

Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love the cooler days, the crisp air, and the amazing colors when the trees begin to turn.  This was a technique that was demonstrated at the Stampin' Up! Regional in Providence.  Unfortunately I did not write down the name of the presenter.  For that I apologize.  Using the Natural Composition Specialty DSP, which is already embossed, I cut out leaves using the Autumn Accents Bigz Die.  Remember that you can cut out up to eight pieces of card stock at a time.  Next I started with my lightest color and buffed it into the paper using a sponge.  I added several colors ending with the darkest color on the outside edges.  Next I used the new Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on a piece of Crumb Cake.  Then I lightly sponged Soft Suede over the raised portions.  I put more on the knot holes.  Last, I layered the pieces together.  I can't stop using the retired stamp set Sincere Salutations.  It was a gift from Shelli, the co-founder of Stampin" Up! to all the demonstrators one year.  It is a very versatile set and I have not found anything yet that I like as well to replace it.

Supplies:
Stamp Set- Sincere Saluatations
Paper- More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Natural Composition Specialty DSP
Ink-  More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Accessories- Decorative Label, Extra-Large Oval, Cherry Cobbler ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment