Monday, September 17, 2012

House of Haunts

I love Halloween.  I adore Halloween.  I love to decorate for Halloween.  My classroom has been described as the "room from Halloween h..."!  The kids love it, which is why I do it.  It is a shame my own kids are grown up and away for Halloween.

I wanted to make an easel card that I could use one of those little battery operated lights inside.  I stamped on vellum using the retired stamp set House of Haunts- you can bet I will never get rid of this set!  I cut my Basic Black card stock 8-1/2" by 4-1/4" and scored 4-1/4" down.  I cut a second piece 5-1/2" by 4-1/4" and scored 1/2" down from the top.  I cut out a rectangle from the smaller piece and inserted the vellum.  I used the 2Way Glue Pen on the inside to attach the vellum.  I cut out a piece of Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP  4 " by 4-1/2" then cut out the center to frame the stamped image.  Next, using the Scallop Square die, I cut out the orange frame manipulating it to the size I wanted.  I again cut out the center and attached it on top of the DSP.  I used my new from the Providence Regional- Seasonal Sayings to stamp Happy Halloween, then layered it and attached to the bottom of the larger piece of black paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment