Friday, September 6, 2013

D is for Dog (retired)

My mom asked me to make a bereavement card for a couple who just lost their dog.  Mom is now living in a gorgeous independent living "Club" where all of her neighbors are so kind and friendly.  Several dogs also reside there and are loved by all.  Of course I agreed.  Stampin' Up! retired this set several years ago ( I am still waiting for another nice dog set).  I found a stash of non-Stampin' Up! paper and thought the words were so appropriate.  My card base was Chocolate Chip with Cajun Craze mounted on top.  Next was the patterned paper.  I stamped the dog in Chocolate Chip as well as the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamp Set- D is for Dog, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock- Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, other
Ink- Chocolate Chip
Accessories- Word Window and Modern Label punches, brad

PS- Mom got a lovely thank you note for the beautiful hand made card.  They were most appreciative that she acknowledged their loss.

1 comment:

  1. Kay, I love this set and it is my go to set for animal bereavement. Always sad to have to use it though :(

    ReplyDelete